Create a flawless canvas with 10 specially designed primers.
"Like painters, who need a perfectly smooth, even-colored and flawless canvas, makeup artists require even-toned and smooth skin for an optimal and professional makeup result.” says Dany Sanz, founder of MAKE UP FOR EVER. Developed with a unique formula to hydrate, smooth, and help regenerate the skin, the Step 1 Skin Equalizer line works to target every texture and color concern as it preps your skin for makeup application. The collection of 10 primers can be mixed and matched or worn alone. Below, The Sephora Glossy illustrates how to decide which are right for you. BECKY PEDERSON
These primers are designed to address skin concerns, such as oil and shine, large pores, fine lines, dry skin, and redness.
1. Mattifying Primer: reduces shine by targeting oily skin
2. Smoothing Primer: addresses large pores and fine lines by evening the skin’s surface
3. Hydrating Primer: restores skin’s balance for those who have normal skin with occasional dryness
4. Nourishing Primer: moisturizes to comfort constant dry skin
5. Redness Correcting Primer: neutralizes redness often associated with rosacea
Also known as the Radiance Range, these primers are built to boost brightness for every type of skin tone.
6. Radiant Primer Blue: adds radiance to light skin
7. Radiant Primer Pink: adds radiance to light to medium skin with red undertones
8. Radiant Primer Yellow: adds radiance to light to medium skin with yellow undertones
9. Radiant Primer Peach: adds radiance to medium to tan skin
10. Radiant Primer Caramel: adds radiance to deep skin
While these primers can be used alone, you can also combine them to customize your look. If you decide to double up, use this guide for the best results.
1. Apply Redness Correcting Primer or any Radiance Range primer before applying Mattifying Primer or Smoothing Primer.
2. Apply Hydrating Primer or Nourishing Primer before applying Redness Correcting Primer or any Radiance Range primer.