Five easy steps to finding the perfect brightener with our own social media writer, Kelley Hoffman
I was fond of my California-girl freckles when I was younger, but these days, it’s not just limited to a sprinkle of cute dots across my nose. It’s time to call a spade a spade: I have sun spots.
I wanted a brightener to help with my UV damage, but was in the dark on how to find one. Sephora Skincare iQ—the in-store, touch-screen system—acts as a personalized skincare aficionado and helped me pick my dream product in a breeze. Ah, technology! Here’s how it works:
- The home screen presents several options. Would I like to find by skin concern, product type, do a general search, browse by brand, or check out what’s new and best-selling? I go for the first one.
- I’m asked exactly what my concern is. I select darkness and uneven tone and hope the 1,288 potential products (!) get narrowed down. Next, I’m asked about my skin type. I select combination. After, I’m asked if my skin is sensitive. I select no.
- Then, I’m asked if I would I like a product with an SPF formula. I select no, only because I’m super satisfied with my everyday moisturizer—Josie Maran Argan Oil Moisturizer with SPF 40+.
- Now we’re down to 104 products. I can sort through the final results by cleansers, treatments, moisturizers—so it’s simple to find what I’m looking for. I jump straight to treatments, as I’m also already set with my daily cleanser—Fresh Soy Face Cleanser.
- Since I’m a natural girl, I instantly gravitate toward Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Bright Skin Tone Correcting Serum. But what really seals the deal for me on this one? The customer-generated ratings and reviews located right alongside the product. With a quick scan of the authentic, positive feedback, I’m ready to take the trial IRL. I locate the tester in the store.
- After a few pumps of the silky formula land on my skin, I’m sold.